Friday, February 6, 2009

Bead book lust

We're having a midwinter thaw so I took advantage of the mild weather and walked to the library on my lunch hour to look for craft books. I found a couple things that looked interesting, and then I found the beadwork section...SCORE! There were so many I wanted to check out! I made myself stick to a limit of two, and both of them are books I'd love to buy at some point. The first one is Embeadery by Margaret Ball. It has over 100 pages just of bead embroidery stitches plus about a dozen projects. It would take months just to try all the stitches once. The other one is The New Beadweaving by Ann Benson. It has several bead embroidery projects and a lot of woven pieces, both loomed and off-loom. The loomed pieces are amazing. My loom isn't big enough to handle most of them and I'm itching to find a wider one so I can try out some of the projects. There are at least 6 projects I want to try out of this one. Time to start hitting the used book sites to see if I can find a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment