Friday, February 27, 2009

Patches II

I've been beading away on the "Mother and Child" necklace for the past few weeks but completely forgot to take any photos, so...no posts. I'll make up for that soon!

In the meantime, I ran across this post on Darling Petunia's blog a while back and just fell in love with Patches. I bookmarked it with the intention of trying to recreate the pattern when I had a free day to sew and no projects planned. Well, the Big Guy is out of town and I took a few days off work to enjoy the peace and quiet of an empty house while the Little Guy is at school, and (of course!) to enjoy a little crafting with no interruptions. When I was going through my inspiration file looking for something to work on, I ran across the post and decided to give Patches a try. I printed out the photo of Patches for reference, pulled out my quilt scraps, did a few calculations, and started cutting.

Here's the end result:



I'm very happy with how he turned out. My cutting/accurate seam allowance/piecing skills need some honing and this was great practice. He has a few wonky seams where the legs and tail meet the body, but overall this is easily the best pieced project I've completed so far.

I love him, and so does the Little Guy. Patches II goes back and forth between hanging out in my sewing room as my crafting mascot by day and sleeping with the Little Guy at night.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for visiting my blog. Can't wait to see your mother child necklace!

    ReplyDelete