Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Little Nostalgia



I've designed a couple small quilted wall hangings based on Celtic knot designs and want to do more. For some reason, the idea of creating a complex image from a single continuous line just fascinates me. I was flipping through my design inspiration files and ran across some photos that reminded me a lot of Spirograph designs. Remember Spirograph? I had one when I was a kid and loved drawing with it. I started checking Toys 'R' Us, Amazon.com and a couple other toy sites and realized they don't make the original Spirograph anymore. So, off to eBay and the start of a small-scale obsessive attempt to buy one for a reasonable price. After being beaten out at the last possible second on four different auctions, I finally won one. It's complete with all the original pieces - even the colored ballpoint pens and the little pushpins that hold the wheels in place. I can't wait to play with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment