Friday, January 2, 2009

Lazy Days Tote

Started a quilted tote bag from this pattern. The pattern calls for pink and green print fabrics and I wasn't sure how it was going to look, but I found some fun prints with perfect matching colors and I really like the combination - very spring-y! The quilt blocks for the first side went together a little rough, but the second side looks much better. Guess I need practice cutting a straight line! I would like to find a tutorial on using my rotary cutter. I'm still not comfortable with it and I suspect there are better ways to use it. This is the first piece I made that I actually machine quilted. Nothing complicated, just diagonal lines across the patches, but it came out pretty nice and made a big difference in the look of the finished pieces. Ordinarily I get impatient and/or intimidated and skip that step.

No comments:

Post a Comment