Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Year of the Mouse

I've run across a number of blog posts about setting a one-word intention for the year, rather than making New Year's resolutions. I like that approach. I've gone back and forth about my word for 2009 and I think I've settled on "Nourish." It seems to fit in a lot of different ways and covers a lot of ground that I would normally have attempted to cover with a lot of resolutions, but in a gentler way. It's a sort of guidance rather than a "should," and that makes all the difference. What forms will it take for me this year? Well...
  • Being creative nourishes my spirit.
  • Finding a way to connect to the Divine that feels right for me and can become a part of my daily life nourishes my soul.
  • Eating healthy foods and making good lifestyle choices nourishes my body.
  • Finding a balance between work and home creates more time to nourish my connection to my family and friends.

It fits. And it feels like a wonderful, positive focus for 2009. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment