Sunday, January 18, 2009

Creative plumbing

Not much crafting today. Instead, the Big Guy and I worked most of the day putting in a new kitchen sink and faucet. We made a huge mess and pretty much trashed the entire kitchen in the process, but it's in, it's working, and it looks so nice! Does figuring out plumbing from diagrams on the internet count as creativity??

I worked a few rows of the "Mother and Child" necklace and decided I don't like the colors. There are only two bead shops in our area and they're each an hour from my house, in opposite directions, so I took a chance and ordered beads online. Last time I did that it worked out fine; this time, the color numbers and names on the pattern weren't matching up to the numbers and names on the bead site so I tried to wing it based on the online photos. Obviously not a good idea. I really need to be able to see the colors I'm picking out. Drat! The next time I have $75 I don't know what to do with, I want to order Delica color sample cards so I can order online with a little more confidence. In the meantime, I'll just have to find time for a trip to the bead shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment